Photograph of Joppa Chapel required! please contact us
Richard Thomas & Co. allocated a plot of land off Burry Road to the Evangelistic Hall, Arthur Street. Under the leadership of Edie John, they built a Gospel Hall on it which opened on 17th January 1931. It superseded his house meetings in Bwlch-y-Gwynt. It closed in the 1960s. Joppa schoolroom opened officially on 22nd June 1879. It was a branch of Trinity Chapel. There was a morning Sunday school. The minister who preached at Trinity in the morning preached in Joppa in the afternoon. All went to Trinity in the evening. Joppa closed in 1918.
Llanelli Community Heritage are working in partnership with Bwlch-y-Gwynt & Machynys Lost Communities Group on their latest project – 'An Interpretive Panel for Machynys Hill' and are being held up as we don't have a photograph to illustrate Joppa Chapel.
Please can anyone help us with this appeal? If so please contact us.