The Welsh Tinplate & Metal Stamping Co Ltd 1898-1978
The old Cambrian Copper Works and Llanelly Lead Works  were bought in 1898 by the Welsh Tinplate & Metal Stamping Co Ltd. The company had started business at the Wern Works in Ann Street in 1892 and was so successful that by 1898 they had to move to the much larger Cambrian Works in Seaside.
They employed around a thousand people, mainly women, producing enamelled saucepans, plates and bowls, army tinplate mess-tins and galvanized buckets. The fame of its products resulted in Llanelli being nick-named, Sospan, and Llanelli Rugby Club adopting a saucepan as its emblem. The company closed in 1978 due to competition from cheaper imports and the changing tastes of the times.
Notes and Citations
 The spelling of Llanelly was changed to Llanelli in 1966
The Goat Logo and aerial photo of Seaside by courtesy of Doug Simpson
Seaside Lat: 51.673623 Lon: 4.168842
See also Llanelli’s Lead and Silver Works